Thursday, January 21, 2010

The State of the Odin Server

The State of the Odin Server: ...............Just recently I have heard news from friends that the LinkShell Versus was absorbed into the BBQ LinkShell fold. While I do not want to offend anyone with any rampant opinionated speculation, I do feel that this was a good strategic decision on Versus's part. It will definetly ultimately benifit both the players of BBQ and the remaining Members of Versus. I am a former Versus member and I hold high regards and respect for all my friends in both LinkShells. ...............As we all know..... the Odin Server is still Closed to Inbound World Transfers and New Player Character Creation. Thus With out a new influx of additional Players coming in and more and more people Quiting or Transfering Out, many LinkShells await a similar fate. Many smaller LinkShells will have to make a decision to either Merge, Break, or Low-Man many Events. ...............On the bright side of this, it also bottle necks alot of RMT here. You can see this if you were to Create a Character on a different World Server. I tried this myself and in literaly 3 minutes I was spammed with a /Tell to buy Gil from RMT every freak'n 10 to 20 minutes. No, I am not kidding. I also confirmed this with some friends who have moved to other World Servers. ...............While I do understand peoples logic for Transfering to a different Server my opinion remains the same. The grass is not greener on the other side of the hill. It's simply the same hill. .............just another side with it's own set of problems and issues. I myself will be staying in Odin. Besides.... I was never good at the Game Musical Chairs. ...............What do you think?

2 comments:

Evilpaul said...

I'd love to be on a closed off server. The ridiculous amount of RMT spam /tells I get on Hades is, well, ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if SE opens Bahumat and Odin this year because of the dwindling numbers of players.

Can people with characters on Odin still make mules on the same account? It's not like allowing that would increase the amount of people logged in at a given time, but with SE I have to wonder...

JESS said...

Yup we can'teven make mules.... Best thing is we get no /tells to buy Gil!

Photobucket
Photobucket

php hit counter