Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Woes....

....... To any of my Online friends who may be reading this, my family and I are O.K. . We just had power restored in our home yesterday, but no T.V./ Internet yet. Thus I am posting this from my work. We had to toss out some of our food from the fridgerator but we were thankfully spared the big cost of tossing food from the freezer and big freezer.

........Cell Phones right now are either not working, say "Roaming", connect you to "Credit card" services, or just auto-go to peoples voice mails. They said the reason for this is because something like 25% of the NothEasts Cell Towers are either down or have no power .

........At this point I am at work with a car that is out of gas because we are having a "Gasoline Issue" here in Northeren NewJersey  (not sure about anywhere else). Luckily I have our work truck to fall back on which is full of diesel. I will leave  my car at work for now. If someone tries to steal it. they won't be going far. As far as this "Gasoline Issue". It seems to be a C-C-C-Combo of sorts of what you might call "Perfect Storm" or maybe even "The Zombie Apokolypse". Sooooo... let's do the math:

1) Shore point delivery way stations offline.........check
2) 50% Gas stations out of power......................double check
3) People Hoarding ...........................................and triple check

I am not kidding. All the gas stations either  say "Out of Gas", "Closed", or they have up to a 5 mile line of car's waiting to get pumped. When I say 5 miles I mean almost 3 hour line wait at best....





The horror stories I could tell you......






Believe me when I say there are more police at the gas staions then are helping with the storms aftermath.

I mean..... I have seen an old man at a gas station begging for gas...... that he actually  didn't need for his car..... because his car and 4 other gas containers were full.......  he just plainly wanted a 5th back-up......

Fuck'n God Dam Hoarders = Part of the Problem.

I have seen a Guy with a truck full of gas..... with an additional huge-ass tank on the bed of his truck that held $300.00 of additional gas and he was trying to bribe the gass attendant $50.00 while shoating "More More More... I need More !!!" while grinding his fingers at him.......

Families are being forced to sit across from each other and have dinner together for once because of  this shit.  With no gas, electric, t.v, phone, cell phone, internet, or any other place to go......they are now lookign across the table and  asking each other......... "Who are you ?"

It's really uncomfortable for me seeing lot's of people thinking only of themselves instead of helping others in these times of need.......Treating others with such disrespect, beligerence, and vulgarity is just plain craziness. Thankfully this doesn't represent everyone.

Well anyway to close this post out. They said stuff may be out up to 10 days. I am hoping I will be back online by the end of the week.

Jess's quote of the week:
"Don't be a douche. Help out others"

No comments:

Photobucket
Photobucket

php hit counter